Idea cellular is among the leading private telecom player in India. Most of the Idea customer are prepaid but Postpaid services of Idea has grown faster than any other company due to their plans and offline campaigns.
If you are Idea Postpaid user and currently facing an issue on that where you are not able to connect to Idea network then here are a few ways to do solve it. Idea is among those company who restrict your SIM to connect to the network if you do not pay the bill or have some other issue.
Pay Your Bill
Yes, Stubborn Idea will cut your Network if you do not pay their bill before due date. You need to clear your due completely and wait for few minutes to go online again. Here are steps:
- Pay your Bill via any Payment service, online or Offline.
- If you do not know the amount to be paid you need to visit any Idea store for that. Or you can Pay approximately 100 INR extra to whatever your monthly rental is. (If you are on Plan Rs 399 then pay around 550 INR. This includes Taxes + rental + 100 INR extra Approximately. )
- After making payment, You need to wait for 10-15 minutes and then restart your phone to get network connectivity.
Select Network Manually
If Your Bill is paid and you think that bill is not the issue then you need to try this. Idea has tie-ups with few telecoms for 3G and 2G networks. They somewhere use Airtel’s 3G network to provide 3G services. Similarly, they might use 2G network of some other company too. Here are steps for it:
- Make sure you are on LTE/WCDMA/GSM mode. Some phone reads 4G/3G/2G mode or Auto mode.
- If you are on 2G only or 3G only mode then switch it to Auto mode.
- Now go to Network settings and in “search network” Select Choose network Automatically.
- If you are still not getting any network, go to Select network manually.
- After search, you will get to see many networks. Select Idea network, if any.
- If you see no such Idea’s Network then choose Airtel 3G Network.
- You will get the signal most probably.
Is Roaming service Activated?
Idea has given customer option to turn their SIM off if they go into a Roaming Area. You can access this service via their Mobile app or Website. Here are steps for that:
- Go to My Idea app or login into My account on Idea’s website.
- There, Go to accounts Section and click on services. (See the Image in last Point.)
- You will see National Roaming service listed there.
- Turn that on. This will have no charges.
Visit Idea Store.
If none of these works, you need to rush to Idea store. If the SIM was not active for long, chances are there that Idea has disconnected it from their end. Also sometimes they Add some sort of charges and you might not know the exact Bill amount. In that case, Idea store will tell you the amount and you can pay the bill their Using Debit/credit card of Cash.
Hope this article helped. If you have any doubt or query then you can ask in the comments section below.